About Showboat Community Theatre
Built-in 1934 by J.H. Helmers. Operated by Cap and Betty Bassman, as the Hermo Theatre.
Later sold to Bill Williams of Union, MO.
Purchased in the 1970s by Jeff and Janice Schmidt and re-named the Showboat.
Sold again in 1979 and acquired by First Bank in the early 1980s.
Donated to the city of Hermann by Jim Dierberg of First Bank to be operated as a community theater. Currently managed by the Showboat Board, appointed in 1984, and operated as a non-profit organization.